- Postdoctoral research position within the University of Swinburne
- 2 full-time term positions at our Hawthorn campus
- Academic level A salary + 17% retirement pension
About the role
The Center for Astrophysics and Supercomputing at Swinburne University of Technology is seeking a postdoctoral researcher in fast radio bursts to join their team.
Under the supervision of A/Prof. Ryan Shannon and others, the successful candidate, will have the opportunity to use state-of-the-art fast radio burst datasets to undertake their research. The successful candidate must be able to work both independently and rely on the knowledge and expertise of external collaborators.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to have experience in the key responsibilities below:
- Advanced knowledge of a high level computer language (e.g. python, C, C++, cuda) in a Unix environment
- A good knowledge of fast radio burst astronomy
- Demonstrated ability to write high impact articles
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and advanced computing
- A completed PhD in neutron star, fast radio burst, or computational astrophysics, or a field closely related to data science where advanced computing and statistics were essential
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 builds on our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to make Swinburne the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly technology, innovation and entrepreneurship driven, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university offer in terms of teaching and research, so that:
- Every Swinburne learner gains work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Each Swinburne partner receives a technology solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
Achieving our 2025 moon shots depends on our ability to work collectively, always, like One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter indicating your suitability for this position.
To view the job description and apply, please scroll to the bottom of the page.
If you are viewing this advert from an external site, please click ‘apply’ and you will be redirected to the Swinburne jobs website to access the job description at the bottom of the page.
Please note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a child labor check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact Swinburne’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Saturday 31 December 2022, 5 p.m.
Swinburne offers flexible work options, time off and parental/caregiver policies to support work-life balance.
Equity and diversity
Swinburne is a large, culturally diverse organization and we pride ourselves on our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through key initiatives. For more information on all of our initiatives, visit our Equity and Diversity website.
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all of our applicants. If you have specific accessibility or support needs, please contact email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For any support please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au or for more information on our Indigenous Strategies please follow the link to our RAP Reconciliation Action Plan
We are a Circle Back 2022 employer – we are committed to responding to every candidate. #LI-SW
#Postdoctoral #Researcher #Fast #Radio #Bursts #SWINBURNE #UNIVERSITY #TECHNOLOGY